Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Wedding Bells & Oedipal Moments

Well, Freud didn't make it all up.

As many of you are aware, Isabelle has a baby, who came out of her belly, named Aim. Sometimes "Ain." One day Isabelle proclaimed that she was Aim's mommy, so I asked her if Thomas (her bear) was Aim's daddy.

"No. You are!"

Moments later, she proclaimed that Aim was her brother. I pointed out that if she was the mommy, then Aim was her son.

"No. He's my brother!"

Well, I suppose, given Aim's parentage, he is her brother!

But a few days later I learned that I was safe. Isabelle was married. She had a husband, and his named was Janth.

"Janx?" I asked, suspecting a lisp.

"No, Janth. I have two husbands."

"What's your other husband's name?"

"Uh... Coff. I have all kinds of husbands."

Why not? Take two, they're small.

No comments: